Moderna’s Commitment to Vaccines and Therapeutics Access
Moderna is committed to working on multiple levels to optimize the impact of mRNA vaccines and therapeutics. Our philosophy on pricing and access reflects a few basic principles:
- Moderna is committed to developing a broad portfolio of vaccines and therapeutic solutions to address epidemiological challenges worldwide.
- Moderna will invest in R&D in areas of unmet need.
- Moderna will work to include communities that have historically been under-represented in clinical research in our development programs, as well as those that are disproportionately impacted by the respective diseases.
- Moderna aims to provide effective and affordable vaccines and therapeutics to all populations.
- Moderna will price its products through differential pricing frameworks.
- Moderna is committed to participating in key public-private partnerships such as Gavi, the Vaccine Alliance.
- Gavi-eligible countries will get Moderna’s lowest prices, and Moderna commits to an annual independent third-party audit on this commitment.